FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apogee Duet and FCP - FW issues?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kat Dalton
Apogee Duet and FCP - FW issues?
on Oct 24, 2009 at 5:10:29 pm

Hello,

Is anyone using Apogee Duet audio interface with FCP (and/or Soundtrack) on Macbook Pro while using FW drives for audio/video capture and playback?

I've read that the FW 400 and 800 ports use same path in computer, and you can run into problems if you try to send to much through at same time. For example, when I was considering buying AJA IO, which has FW interface, I was advised to switch external hard drives to SATA. Duet uses FW 400, my G-RAID uses FW 800.

I do not have a video interface at the moment. I'm working with 8 bit uncompressed clips captured with my old Aurora system and/or using still images with audio.

My laptop is 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 3 GB RAM.

Thanks,
Kat

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Apogee Duet and FCP - FW issues?
on Oct 24, 2009 at 5:44:36 pm

You may run into problems doing this. I've had times when multiple devices worked on one FW buss and other times when they didn't. You could try - and keep fingers crossed. Another approach is to get a Firewire Express Card and plug one device to it and the other to the MBP.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Kat Dalton
Re: Apogee Duet and FCP - FW issues?
on Oct 24, 2009 at 10:46:08 pm

Hi John,

That's a good idea....to get firewire express card. Better than keeping fingers crossed :-)

Best,
Kat

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]