FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving a sequence to new project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
Moving a sequence to new project
on Oct 23, 2009 at 5:55:03 pm

I have a project with multiple sequences. I want to move one of the final sequences to a new project on another hard drive and move all of the clips there. My hope is that some other editor can open this sequence in a new project and relink the media.

My question is how do I move one sequence from my current project into a new project. I'm providing a hard drive with all of the media. I've never had to do this before. Can you give me basic steps?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Moving a sequence to new project
on Oct 23, 2009 at 6:06:32 pm

Do you want ALL of the media used in that cut? Like the FULL clips? or just the clips in that sequence with small handles?

Use the MEDIA MANAGER to do this. Select the sequence, choose MEDIA MANAGER, then COPY. If you want the entire clips, don't select DELETE UNUSED MEDIA. If you do want just the clips used in the sequence, then check the DELETE option, and give some handles.

WARNING...they will not be able to then send you back the project for you to reconnect to your media. because the media linked in that new project is smaller. BUT, Bouke here made an application that does allow FCP to then connect those smaller clips to the bigger existing media, and it is REALLY slick. It is called FCP Reconnect:

http://www.videotoolshed.com/?page=products&pID=41

So...what are your EXACT needs?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Re: Moving a sequence to new project
on Oct 23, 2009 at 6:41:19 pm

Thanks Shane. My exact needs? I'm giving all the raw footage (media) to my client so they can in turn give it to another post production company. I thought it would be helpful to also give that post house a FCP project with just the final sequence in it.

My current project has about 12 sequences and that would confuse a new post house. So I wanted to simplify things by creating a new project with just one sequence and then put that along with all of the footage on one hard drive for the client/new post house.

FYI, we fired our client and told them to just take the footage elsewhere... long story. Bottom line is I fl sorry for the new post house taking on this project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]