FORUMS: list search recent posts

OMF that are bigger than 2GB

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ling Lee
OMF that are bigger than 2GB
on Oct 23, 2009 at 9:37:43 am

Hello,

Final Cut 6 doesn't support OMFs that are bigger than 2gb. I just finished a 70mins feature length documentary.

Does anybody know how else I could make OMF's.

Thanks,
Ling

Return to posts index

Anders Haavie
Re: OMF that are bigger than 2GB
on Oct 23, 2009 at 10:26:12 am

Just unselect half of the tracks, make OMF.. the reselect the unselected tracks. Works great. We do it all the time with broadcast stuff.

Anders

Xraid-Xserve-Xsan-Xeverything

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Oct 23, 2009 at 12:24:22 pm

This is not a FCP limitation. The OMF format does not allow EMBEDDED OMF files to be larger than 2GB. This limitation exists on Avid too (however you can get around it by linking to the media instead of embedding in many circumstances...this feature is not offered in FCP). Just break up the sequence in a logical way (by tracks or acts) and reassemble in ProTools or whatever you are using.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 23, 2009 at 9:15:48 pm

Ask your sound post people how they want it broken up. Personally I prefer chunks not a bunch of tracks.

FCP ignores In/Out markers when making OMFs do I recommend you duplicate sequence, delete the second half and make an OMF. Don't save at this stage. After the OMF is made hit undo and then delete the first half. Make the second OMF and then exit without saving.

By doing it track by track, many systems import the next OMF and default the tracks to tracks 1&2, overwriting or overlaying existing material. Also by doing it in segments, the tracklay can start on the first half of the program whilst waiting for the second half to arrive via ftp for example.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]