FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log & Transfer MTS files on hard drive

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Langdon
Log & Transfer MTS files on hard drive
on Oct 22, 2009 at 7:04:08 pm

FCP 6.05

I have a Panasonic ZS3 camera, which records in the AVCHD Lite (MTS) file structure (I beleieve it is the same as Blue Ray structure). When I connect the camera to my mac, a folder for the SDHC card appears on my desktop and I am able to, through FCP's Log & Transfer, see the clips and convert them to usable clips for FCP.
But...
So when I shoot more than one SDHC card, I copy the contents of each card to my HD and then want to Log & Transfer from the hard drive to FCP. But I am not able to get FCP to recognize the folder, even if I put it on the desktop, with all its related folders inside... Any tips on this?

Also, is there is an easier way to visualize and convert these MTS files, instead of having to go though FCP, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Log & Transfer MTS files on hard drive
on Oct 22, 2009 at 7:27:28 pm

What version of FCP is this? Are you clicking on the Add Folder or Add Volume button in the log and transfer window? What happens when you do?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Alan Langdon
on Oct 22, 2009 at 11:21:06 pm

I am using FCP 6.0.6 on a MAcBook Pro running Leopard 10.5.8

This happens when I "add folder", since I cannot find an :add volume" option. It also happens when I try "add custom path". In both cases, I am choosing the folder which came form the SD card, which contains there folders: PRIVATE, MISC, DCM (the last being for digital photos).

The message I get is:
WARNING
"untitled" contains unsupported media or has an invalid director structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matchs supported media.

?

Thanks for helping.

Return to posts index

Alan Langdon
on Oct 23, 2009 at 12:54:51 pm

Tom-

I am sad to say I think I doscovered what I did wrong, and I pray that you or someone has a solution for this wreckless user named Alan.
To fit the content shot at one event onto one single layer DVD, I entered the SDHC card folder structure and manually deleted a clip or two, assuming it would just bring down the folder size but not mess with the other contents of the folder (other clips). Turns out when I do this (I just tested), the card and folder are no longer recognized as valid, probably because the card's "map" or info files do not match the contents, in other words, it thinks it should have the deleted file but doesn't find it and thus just doesn't work.
Any way I can "reset" the content files, the folder's "map" so it can re-build based on what is now on the card/folder? Have I lost my files forever? Is there some Mac or PC software that read MTS files straight, without needing the FCP interface? So many questions and one looming premonition that I have sealed the fate of that footage...

thanks,
Alan

Return to posts index

Max Sainvil
on Apr 30, 2010 at 9:43:02 pm

did u figure this warning issue out? I have a friend that's going through the same thing. He copied only the mts files to his harddrive but not everything else.

Max
http://www.youtube.com/maxsainvil

Return to posts index

Alan Langdon
on May 3, 2010 at 6:55:46 pm

I sort of solved by using the software VideoPier, which sees all the files, not only the ones properly stored within a AVCHD file structure. but form now on , I NEVER delet files at the folder level, I always use the camera to delete files, and backup the whole structure. Video Pier I believe requires some installs, a plugin or something, but do a search and you should find the ingredients.
Good luck!"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]