FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sorensoon 3 encoding?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Matthies
Sorensoon 3 encoding?
on Oct 22, 2009 at 6:31:45 pm

Did the latest version of Quicktime do away with Sorenson encoding? I don't seem to find it when doing an output via Quicktime Conversion anymore. I have a lot of clients that I've "trained" to use Sorenson QT's for rough cut evaluation. Did Apple again decide for us what we really need? Grrrr....
Tom

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.--Ferris Bueller

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Sorenson 3 encoding?
on Oct 22, 2009 at 7:05:09 pm

[Tom Matthies] "Did the latest version of Quicktime do away with Sorenson encoding? I don't seem to find it when doing an output via Quicktime Conversion anymore. "

Yup, they're there, just hidden. Open QT Pro, then go to either Preferences or Quicktime Preferences... I'm unsure which. Look for a checkbox that says, "Enable Legacy Codecs" or "View Legacy Codecs" and check it.

All them Oldies But Goodies will be there for you once again. I guess Mama Apple, who always> knows what's best for us, wanted to discourage us from using those old, icky codecs...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Sorenson 3 encoding?
on Oct 23, 2009 at 1:16:18 am

Thanks Dave. I have one client in particular who has trouble when I send him .wmv files. Seems that they always get caught in his spam filter and he can never get his IT guys to change the settings for him. Quicktimes seem to make it through OK. Go figure. I'll take a look at the preferences. Seems I had to do this on an earlier Quicktime version but I'd forgotten about it.
Tom

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.--Ferris Bueller

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]