FORUMS: list search recent posts

Picture dimension issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PETER RODGERS
Picture dimension issue
on Oct 22, 2009 at 5:48:41 pm

Please can anyone help. I recently edited a sequence in FCP. All clips in the sequence were imported in as Quicktime PAL 16:9 files. Clip properties are reflective of this and all settings within the project are set to DV PAL. However, when I right-click the sequence in the browser the sequence settings are DV NTSC - perhaps this is a legacy of an old NTSC project that has crept in. I therefore opened a new sequence and copied and pasted the old NTSC sequence to this new PAL sequence. Apart from some audio issues I seem to now have the sequence as PAL.
However, in the canvas the picture appears unusually narrow even for 16:9 - this is reflected when I burn to disc. I should mention that the previous NTSC sequence was playing at the correct dimension. What's the easiest way out of this dilemma. I've spent hours on this project and still can't complete it. Many thanks,
Peter

silverfox

Return to posts index

William Miller
Re: Picture dimension issue
on Oct 22, 2009 at 5:51:26 pm

contact me at wrmiller12364@hotmail sorry to be so blnt I am unsure if you recieved my original post

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Oct 22, 2009 at 6:36:02 pm

When you put the PAL clips in the NTSC timeline FCP automatically scaled them to fit. Those rescaled attributes are still on the clips when you copied and pasted them into the PAL timeline. If you remove the scaling then the clips should fit.

-Andrew

3.2GHz 8-core, FCP 6.0.4, 10.5.5
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (6.8.1)

Return to posts index

PETER RODGERS
on Oct 22, 2009 at 7:09:18 pm

Andrew, thanks. Sounds very logical. Can you tell me how I remove the scaling?
Thanks again.

silverfox

Return to posts index

Nelson May
Re: standard boris titler
on Oct 22, 2009 at 7:42:07 pm

That is what I was looking for. The LAFCUG says 125 styles of calligraphy are downloadable from boris. Have you downloaded them yet and do they function with SN?

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]