FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help when "unexpectedly quit"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Friah
Help when "unexpectedly quit"
on Oct 21, 2009 at 7:26:51 pm

Hi folks; I'm the first to admit--I'm a sound editor, not a video editor so am a F.C.S. neophyte. Been working on a project now, not saving as often as I should have apparently. Now, in the final tweaks, I've just "unexpectedly quit" (oh Apple...your OS messages amuse me).

When I reopened the software, it wasn't even my current project that opened by default so I had to go back to a saved project...from yesterday.

Are there no auto-saves/project backups to go to? Not very happy about having to back and re-do stuff FROM YESTERDAY TO NOW.

However: anticipating "user error" responses...my own fault for not physically hitting SAVE.

Thanks for input.
(reading FAQ now but prepared to take the wrath if people respond 'read the FAQ')

"Sounds good!....I think?"

Return to posts index

Jeff Friah
EUREKA!--Re: Help when "unexpectedly quit"
on Oct 21, 2009 at 7:48:18 pm

Got it---sorry for the newbie 'help me!' email. AutoSave vault---just didn't know where to find such information. Now I'm a veteran user; been through a crash and back up and running again. Onward and upward.

I'm sure I'll see you again!
-Jeff

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: EUREKA!--Help when "unexpectedly quit"
on Oct 21, 2009 at 8:33:53 pm

Welcome to the family, Jeff. Post often, try not to be intimidated by the grumpy guys. but check the manuals and tutorials first, FCP is a huge application.

Hope you have a good time here and with your new software.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Jeff Friah
on Oct 21, 2009 at 8:42:41 pm

Yes, yes it is!
(and being a Pro Tools audio-editing software user, I'm struggling to have my brain adapt to how to maneuver around in video editing land)

Thanks for the input and welcome.
-Jeff

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 21, 2009 at 10:05:10 pm

It works the other other way, too... for a handful of us. I cut my editing software teeth in video, and I get that deer-in-the-headlights look when I open an audio editing application.

"Whaddaya mean, 'you can't trim a couple of frames'?"

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]