FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVI to MOV. - FCP Not recognizing.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dyan Bailey
AVI to MOV. - FCP Not recognizing.
on Oct 21, 2009 at 6:38:49 pm

Hi all!

Ok, this is the situation. I had a drive given to me filled with uncompressed AVIs. FCP would not recognize them, so I opened them in QT and did a Save As with the files I needed as Movs. All was fine and well, and the edit turned out ok. Now that the edit is over, I want to give the drive back, but still have all the information on my drive. I have copied over the AVI files to my raid, but whenever I unplug the original raid, it doesn't recognize (which is normal, I know this.) THIS IS WHERE THE TROUBLE IS: FCP is not doing a normal reconnect for me so I can point it to the new location with the files. It is going FILE BY FILE and making me reconnect that way - and its a TON of files. Also, everytime I shut down FCP and come back to this project, I have to do this LONG TEDIOUS process all over again. HELP! There has got to be a better way! I just need to back this project up and have it read everything when I open it. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone ever have this happen before???

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: AVI to MOV. - FCP Not recognizing.
on Oct 21, 2009 at 8:32:06 pm

[Dyan Bailey] "There has got to be a better way! I just need to back this project up and have it read everything when I open it. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone ever have this happen before???"

I've had reconnect issues but nothing like this, sorry, can't help you directly.

I'd suggest using the thrice-cursed Media Manager. Let it gather all of the video elements from their original locations and copy them to a new location.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Dyan Bailey
Re: AVI to MOV. - FCP Not recognizing.
on Oct 21, 2009 at 9:15:46 pm

Thank you - i will try that!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]