FORUMS: list search recent posts

convert quicktime movie to MPEG-2 ready for DVD burn?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paul gregory
convert quicktime movie to MPEG-2 ready for DVD burn?
on Oct 19, 2009 at 2:39:54 pm

Hello

I need to burn a DVD of a corporate film a have produced so i need to know how get the best quality DVD!
I have been informed that i need to convert the quick time file into an MPEG-2 file, then once this is complete, author the dvd in DVDSP.

I am fluent in FCP and DVD studio pro but to honest, novice with FCP compressor (which i have been told i need to use to apply MPEG-2 settings)

I have had a play with Compressor, i imported my quicktime file and applied MPEG2 settings (i think!?) it came up with 3 different streams, mv2, ac3 audio and some thing else? does this sound right? it converted the file, i watched back on my macbook pro and it looked like a high quality quicktime video which was great. i then tried to import this file into DVD studio pro, this failed. It informed me that 'this file is not recognized'

Can anyone please help me?! can i have a step by step guide on how to get my quick time file into the correct MPEG2 settings so i can get it into DVD studio pro to create a high quality DVD

I hope some one can help!

Kind Regards

Paul Gregory

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: convert quicktime movie to MPEG-2 ready for DVD burn?
on Oct 19, 2009 at 8:17:02 pm

I just responded to another post with the following. Export a Self-contained, Current Settings QT movie (this avoids re-compressing your media), do not use QT Conversion. Import this file into Compressor and use the DVD Best Quality 90 Minute settings: one for video (mv2) and one for audio (ac3-Dolby). For the video setting in Compressor's Inspector I turn on Frame Controls and change all quality settings to Best. You can try encoding without doing that. For the ac3 setting (Dolby) change the Compression Preset from Film Standard to None and Dialog Normalization from -27 dbFS to -31 dbFS. When Compressor finishes the encode, start DVD Studio Pro and import both files. Drag them into a Track, set the track for First Play and adjust the track parameters for Display Mode: 16x9 Letterbox (4x3 if not widescreen). Then Build/Format the DVD.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]