FORUMS: list search recent posts

SD video to HD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Smith
SD video to HD
on Oct 18, 2009 at 5:03:19 am

so i shot a wedding. one cam is sd and the other is hd. is there a way to make them both hd, or heck, make them both sd?
in fcp i blew up the sd and cropped it to match the letterbox of the HD footage but when i play it back on a dvd player it cuts off the bride's body still...
any help is greatly appreciated

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: SD video to HD
on Oct 18, 2009 at 5:45:32 am

If the final is to be a DVD then you are better off scaling the HD down to match the SD footage.

Return to posts index

Jared Smith
on Oct 18, 2009 at 5:52:30 am

indeed, it will be just DVD, not blu ray...
am i understanding that the easiest way to do that is to have the SD footage on the timeline and then drag the HD footage in place on the same timeline and then when FCP ask if i want to change settings for best quality just simply say no... by doing all that will the HD footage and SD footage be the same and view the same on a TV or will the SD still be 4:3 and the HD 16:9????
that is the main problem right now... when i play back my dvd (though it looks fine in FCP) on a TV the HD footage takes up the entire screen but the SD footage does an extremely small box (bc it is on a PS3)

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 18, 2009 at 5:57:02 am

You sequence settings should be the same as your SD footage. If you then edit in the HD it should automatically scale.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]