FORUMS: list search recent posts

Boris 3d titles render funny in ProRes but not in DVCPRO50

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Hannigan
Boris 3d titles render funny in ProRes but not in DVCPRO50
on Oct 16, 2009 at 9:56:34 pm

I have been working on sequences in DVCPRO50 with Boris 3D titles and everything is fine. I have switched my compression to ProRes and now the boris 3d titles render all squished and ugly. when I switch back to DVCPRO50 - hey presto - normal. Does anybody know why.
Also, I really dislike that you can not move all keyframes in Boris 3D. It is so frustrating because I just want to do simple titles with simple moves and (since I'm using Motion for all my motion control) don't want to use motion.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Brent

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Boris 3d titles render funny in ProRes but not in DVCPRO50
on Oct 16, 2009 at 10:21:46 pm

What do you mean you switch to ProRes rendering? DVCPRO50 doesn't render ing ProRes in a DVCPRO50 sequence.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Oct 17, 2009 at 9:11:26 pm

Also, there is a new download for Title 3D from the Boris site. The first update in years. That may help.

Kevin Monahan
60 Blu-ray Templates for Final Cut Studio 2009
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

Return to posts index

Chris Rowe
on Oct 21, 2009 at 9:12:43 pm

Hey Kevin,
Will you please provide a link for this? I could not find it at Boris' site. I could find no mention of it when Googling either. Wonder why they don't announce it everywhere?

Regards,
Chris

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Oct 21, 2009 at 9:23:56 pm

Start here.

http://www.borisfx.com/updates/#null

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Brent Hannigan
on Oct 18, 2009 at 1:24:18 am

Sorry if I am unclear. I mean that I want to re-render the entire sequence in ProRes instead of DVCPRO50 and when I do, some of the Boris 3D titles get messed up big time. When I set the compressor back to DVCPRO50, the titles are fine.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Oct 18, 2009 at 2:40:12 am

Are you just changing the compressor setting for the sequence to do this? Try creating a ProRes sequence preset that matches your ProRes sequence and then remake the titles.

All the best,

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]