FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stills in FCP7...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Johnson
Stills in FCP7...
on Oct 14, 2009 at 10:08:28 pm

Hey all:

I was wondering if anyone had noticed if FCP7 handles large stills (greater than 4kx4k) any better that FCP6.

Right now, anything between 3.5kx3.5k and 4kx4k is touch and go and 4k+ is pretty much a "General Error" or crash waiting to happen.

I would imagine this is mainly to do with FCP6's lack of support of formats larger than 2k, which would lead me to believe that FCP7 is a little bit more forgiving than FCP6.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Stills in FCP7...
on Oct 14, 2009 at 11:35:30 pm

[Eric Johnson] "I was wondering if anyone had noticed if FCP7 handles large stills (greater than 4kx4k) any better that FCP6"

Nope. FCP has a 4K limit on ANYTHING...video, stills, everything. I make sure that the largest side is always under 3800K...actually, 3600K as sometimes 3800K images crash FCP.

Why do you need them any bigger? Zooming in that far?

FCP has the same issue as FCP 6 when it comes to this. 4K limit on imagry.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Oct 14, 2009 at 11:45:26 pm

Curiosity mainly.

Under tight schedules it seems like big stills always end up being last minute fixes to get the show to render or to export. Even when care is taken to recreate moves in AE, Things get missed in the rush.

Also have an editor that insists on making his own images and doesn't like hearing that FCP has limits.

So, like I said, mainly just curiosity. It's generally not an issue until it is, you know what I mean.

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
on Oct 15, 2009 at 5:38:48 am

[Eric Johnson] "have an editor that insists on making his own images and doesn't like hearing that FCP has limits."

Doesn't like hearing about limits? Uh oh.... diva alert!

I can't stand editors like that.

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]