FORUMS: list search recent posts

Screen Sharing/Distance session with FCP6?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stace Carter
Screen Sharing/Distance session with FCP6?
on Oct 14, 2009 at 6:05:19 pm

Hi All,

I'm currently awaiting my FCS3 delivery and have been asked by an out-of-town client about the possibility of us doing a "virtual" session over the weekend. Any thoughts or advice on services or apps for doing so?

Cheers,
Stace

Apple Certified Trainer

Return to posts index

Chris Holmes
Re: Screen Sharing/Distance session with FCP6?
on Oct 14, 2009 at 6:47:55 pm

I've been using SyncVue for years. Great program for review and markup, with XML export to FCP. It runs in conjunction with Skype.

It's not a live view of the timeline that has been added to FCS3.

It's now called Fuze Movie.

http://fuzebox.com/fuzemovie/

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 14, 2009 at 7:42:43 pm

Also, checkout Fuze Meetings (same site) that might offer additional functionality.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Oct 15, 2009 at 3:14:40 pm

I have used the screen sharing in FCP 7 several times without any trouble. We did a test with two people watching the timeline in two separate locations. Make sure you set chat to a bit-rate your connection can handle. We set our to 500 kbits.

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
MacPro Two 2.8GHz Quad Core - AJA Kona LHe
FCS 3 OS X 10.6 QT 10

Return to posts index

Stace Carter
on Oct 17, 2009 at 12:44:02 am

Thanks guys - FCS3 arrived yesterday and so I dove in for the upgrade, no worries so far and I tested iChat Theater Preview with a friend on a MacBook - worked as promised with absolutely no complications.

Unfortunately running the same test to my client was no-go, as he's running AIM on a PC. For anyone else who might be trying this, It is (well) documented that:

"Both the host computer playing the video and the remote computer receiving it must have Mac OS X version 10.5 Leopard or later."

(http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3672)

I had read this but wondered that, since I'm connecting through an AIM account myself, it might work with limited functionality, but alas no go. Odd to me given this seems like a simple internet chat thing, but I haven't really used it before so it's no surprise I don't know what's going on here ;-) Thanks again for the help - will try Fuze and let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Stace

Apple Certified Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]