FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 and AVC Intra 100

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Themis Gyparis
Final Cut Pro 7 and AVC Intra 100
on Oct 12, 2009 at 12:14:37 pm

Hello everyone

This question has probably been raised here before, but I found no testimonials on the issue, so here it goes: I need some info on anyone having used Panasonic's AVC-Intra 100 codec with Final Cut Pro 7. Apple claims it is fully supported, but I need to know what type of Mac Pro best suits the needs and how flawless is it to work with such a format. I know about the need to also download the appropriate file from Panasonic's site, so what I really want to know is will, say, an eight-core Mac Pro with 4 GBs of RAM be able to handle 3 or more simultaneous tracks, much more with filters or compositing? Anyone with experience on the issue, please take some time to respond.

Thanks a lot in advance

Themis Gyparis
Happy Trimmmer Production and Post Production Studio

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 and AVC Intra 100
on Oct 12, 2009 at 1:03:45 pm

Hi Themis,
I can not advice you about AVC Intra, but about working with a Mac, 4 GB for an Octocore is very little.
You may not need add much more because 4GB is the limit for FC, but many other application will be benefited by more RAN. Your mac and you will work much better.
Normally people are setting 2GB RAM per processor = 16 GBs.
Apart of the computer, your storage will be determinant for the editing performance.
Best,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Themis Gyparis
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 and AVC Intra 100
on Oct 13, 2009 at 11:02:36 am

Thanks Rafael. I'll consider more RAM and I think FCP will work well with it. Still, anyone with experience on AVC Intra? Any help is appreciated.

Themis Gyparis
Happy Trimmmer Production and Post Production Studio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]