FORUMS: list search recent posts

New to FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Irfan Sait
New to FCP
on Oct 11, 2009 at 5:34:55 pm

Hi everyone.

I am new to FCP and want to build a career in FCP. I have bought some tut from lynda and practicing FCP. Could any BIG GUNS of FCP on this forum guide me on the ares that i need to focus. I am planning to take up the apple FCP 200 and FCP 300 certification. So can you shoot me some tips on the same that would help me in the exam as well as becoming a good editor.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: New to FCP
on Oct 11, 2009 at 10:07:11 pm

Learn how to tell stories. You wanna get work and respect? Know how to construct a story. Unless you want to be an online/finishing editor, then know the tech.

What do you want to end up doing? And know, FCP is just a tool to accomplish what you want to accomplish.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rob Grauert
on Oct 11, 2009 at 11:26:56 pm

Yea I agree with Shane. Understand how to tell a story, understand how to effect the viewer psychologically, understand pacing and rhythm, understand the technology, understand the tools of the trade, and finally do yourself and your colleagues a favor...get organized.

Robert J. Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com

Return to posts index

Irfan Sait
on Oct 12, 2009 at 9:21:49 am

Thank you for the responses.

Story telling has been one of my favorite areas and I am to know thats going be of great use in my career. Any other tip that apart from the above that would be handy please let me know.

Thankyou

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]