FORUMS: list search recent posts

Drag and drop changes the sequence name

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Gerard
Drag and drop changes the sequence name
on Oct 9, 2009 at 7:19:27 pm

Ok, something is going goofy here. I just noticed that all my sequences are named after clips that have been edited into the seq. I finally figured out that when I grab a clip from the bin, and drag and drop it onto the seq, the seq name changes to the name of the clip I just dropped. This happens on new seq, which I can kind of understand, but it also happens on already edited seq.

I don't normally edit using drag and drop, I'm usually an F10 type of editor, as I don't like to use the mouse unless I have to. Has this always been this way or is something amiss inside my machine?

Cheers!

Matt

Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow...

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Drag and drop changes the sequence name
on Oct 9, 2009 at 7:35:37 pm

Yeah, some people have reported this. It must be some sort of bug. I, personally, haven't seen it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Nicole Haddock
on Oct 9, 2009 at 8:33:12 pm

It's happening on 1 of our 4 FCP7 systems. And it only happens with certain projects on certain drives. Trashing prefs hasn't solved the issue, and yes, I wiped the hard drive, installed everything from the ground up. Still a little FUBAR, but I'm not annoyed enough to the point of reinstalling ;)

Return to posts index

Matt Gerard
on Oct 9, 2009 at 9:07:57 pm

I just did a clean install on another machine so at some point I can swap it out for the drive in my machine and that might fix it. All I can say is that I reinstalled EVERYTHING from the FCS 3 package in 20 minutes.

How?

I took the time earlier to rip the install discs to dmg files and dumped them to an external HD. Mount all the dmgs and walk away for 20 minutes.

I'll see if I have time next week to swap drives out and see if the clean install worked. Again, its a small PITA, but its still a PITA.

Matt

Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow...

Return to posts index

Nicole Haddock
on Oct 12, 2009 at 6:05:08 pm

I actually have a drive with FCS install images and Creative Suite 4. It's more an issue of once that's done, I still have to install Firefox, iWork, iLife from their .DMGs, run software update 8 million times, install the plugins with all their various serial numbers, etc etc. The Disc Image route saves a ton of time, but I still need to block out usually a half day to get the system in line with the rest.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]