FORUMS: list search recent posts

synching issues with FCP on low budget feature

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Taylor
synching issues with FCP on low budget feature
on Oct 8, 2009 at 3:45:04 pm

I am currently editing a low budget feature shot on RED 24fps in FCP, we are using JPEG compression QTs from the master footage to offline the project. The audio is being recorded at 48khz 24 bit, and the sequence settings have been set up to match.

Due to budegtary reasons there is no assistant editor on the job and so i have been synching the audio to picture myself however today I have discovered an interesting quirk. In order to synch files I have been bringing into the project the JPEG compressed QTs, and all audio files by the day they were shot. to create my editable clips I am creating merged clips by synching them to the clap on the timeline, linking them and dragging them to Scene numbered bins in my browser. however today I have discovered that when I bring my synched clips into the viewer and onto the editing timeline/sequence, some clips are out by a frame. Has anyone else discovered this? This is not due to shoddy synching as I have checked and rechecked and the problem keeps occuring. The initial synch on the timeline when clips are merged slips out.

Does anyone know why this may be occuring?

Regards

Matt Taylor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]