FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Codec error message

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Zalman
FCP 7 Codec error message
on Oct 7, 2009 at 7:46:34 pm

Hi all, I'm having a bit of trouble with FCP7. My videos play fine(I converted all of them to ProRes before importing to FCP) and the composition settings match the videos, but I am unable to apply video transitions. When I attempt to add a transition, I get the error message "codec not found. you may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card". I read some other threads here about this issue and I don't have any images, let alone images in CMYK in my timeline. This issue only arises after I add a video transition and try to render or export the timeline. Anyone have any ideas?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: FCP 7 Codec error message
on Oct 7, 2009 at 8:26:11 pm

What OS is this?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Jacob Zalman
on Oct 7, 2009 at 9:17:59 pm

I'm using 10.5.7

Return to posts index

Brian Berdan
on Dec 18, 2009 at 6:24:38 pm

Interesting... I just got the same 'Codec not found error'. I had just done a tv screen replacement in Motion, using a SnapzPro-created temp quicktime. That rendered and played fine back in FCP. I went to do the next one with one additional SnapzPro element, created the exact same way, and those comps won't render and give the warning.

FCP 7.0.1
OS 10.5.8
ProRes LT 720

The SnapzPro quicktimes are LT, but just a smaller frame size.

Brian Berdan
migrant filmworker

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]