FORUMS: list search recent posts

fps blunder

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaimz Asmundson
fps blunder
on Oct 7, 2009 at 6:39:02 pm

Hi There,

I'm new to this forum but in no way new to FCP, but I'm in serious need of some seasoned help.

I'm working on a project that was shot on 16mm, transfered to HDcam 23.98, downconverted to DVcam for edting and once completed, the lab will be doing the HD online.

Now they just shot some inserts and new scenes on the RED cam, which isn't the problem I'm having. The dude who's editing it just asked me to import the RED cam footage at the same settings the DVcam stuff was in, no big deal.

Now here's the issue:

I went back to double-check the settings before making my RED downconverts and realized that a couple of years ago when I imported the DVcam stuff, I brought it in at 29.97 instead of 23.98! Which is weird because I had no issues synching up the sound.

What can I do? The way I figure it is that I can run media manager and reset the sequences to 23.98 and recapture all of the footage (not a huge deal, just a day of capturing), but what worries me is it may throw all of the old footage that was synced to the audio out-of-sync. I can't imagine it could be as easy as recompressing the old capture footage at 23.98 is it?

Oh, what to do, please someone give me a hand here I'd really appreciate it. I didn't want to start going at 'er until I got a bit of advice so as not to waste too much time.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Jaimz Asmundson
Re: fps blunder
on Dec 13, 2009 at 9:16:37 pm

Here's the workaround that I've discovered works just fine:

- Select your sequence and go FILE>EXPORT>EDL

- Save all the options that are applicable, like effects and so on, if you have none then uncheck. Save the EDL file to your hard-drive

- Go FILE>IMPORT>EDL and import your file

You should now beable to import at your native resolution settings but will need to recapture or relink all the footage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]