FORUMS: list search recent posts

PPRO editor - Switched to FCP - Multiclip Ques.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric monroe
PPRO editor - Switched to FCP - Multiclip Ques.
on Oct 7, 2009 at 4:34:33 am

I am new to FCP, however I have been an Adobe PPRO editor for almost 4 years. I own a small production company, and I mainly shoot concerts, recitals etc. with 4-cameras. (mini-dv)

Here is my issue. (I couldnt find this in any of the other posts.

In PPRO multicam edits are built by adding each of the camera angles to the timeline, then nesting that sequence and enabling multicam from off of the nested seq. very simple. after I finished my edit, i could reopen the nested seq. and go back to do all of my color correction to each individual camera angle, and that would then ripple or carry-over into the nested seq. that contained all of my cuts from the multicam. I could scale, color correct, basically do ANYTHING I wanted to the individual camera angles. If I wanted to scale the size & distort the aspect ratio of camera 3 let's say, it would apply those changes automatically to every single cut of camera 3 in the nest. I didnt have to go through and change each one individually after making the cuts.

So i guess to summarize what I am asking....

Is there anyway to change a camera angles attributes and have it affect the entire multiclip timeline AFTER the cuts are in place and finished. Such as distorting the aspect ratio, scaling, or color correcting.

Please help...I am on a deadline with this project, and i really dont want to have to re-edit the whole thing in PPRO. My multiclip edit is all done...I just need to resize one of my cameras and do the color-correcting. I am PRAYING that this is possible.

Thank you in advance!

Eric

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: PPRO editor - Switched to FCP - Multiclip Ques.
on Oct 7, 2009 at 5:06:32 am

Simply make your adjustments to one clip from each camera angle, then copy the clip, use the Find All command to select every instance of that angle, then use paste attributes to copy the attributes to all the selected clips. Repeat for the other angles.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

salah Elfalahi
on Oct 7, 2009 at 12:57:30 pm

Hi David
I'm using FCP7 and i can't find FIND ALL command. could you please let me know where to find this command.
thanks

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Oct 7, 2009 at 4:29:20 pm

If your using FCP 7 there is a new feature called reveal affiliated clips in front sequence in the view menu. This should do the same thing as the find function. I haven't used this function yet so I can speak to how well it works. Follow David's suggestion of copy and paste attributes.

Dave

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
MacPro Two 2.8GHz Quad Core - AJA Kona LHe
FCS 3 OS X 10.6 QT 10

Return to posts index

salah Elfalahi
on Oct 7, 2009 at 4:47:15 pm

thanks dave, i already tried reveal affiliated clips in front sequence but didn't work, and the reason (i found out later) its because i collapsed the multicam sequence, but when i uncollapse, it works.
thanks again

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
on Oct 7, 2009 at 6:39:52 pm

Good to know that.

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
MacPro Two 2.8GHz Quad Core - AJA Kona LHe
FCS 3 OS X 10.6 QT 10

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]