FORUMS: list search recent posts

Accidentally hitting Tab Sequences when editing in Timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Thanos
Accidentally hitting Tab Sequences when editing in Timeline
on Oct 6, 2009 at 5:14:22 pm

Basically when I am really cutting quickly within the timeline, I often accidentally hit the TAB of another sequence as it's right above the Light Grey Timecode bar where I set my play head.

Sure I can close all my open sequence tabs, but often it is nice to be able to quickly get to another sequence.

Is there a way to adjust the Light Grey Time Code so that is much fatter (As can be done on an Avid) so that there is less chance I hit the Tab when editing on the fly. Option click wont let me adjust it's size....

Thanks

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Accidentally hitting Tab Sequences when editing in Timeline
on Oct 6, 2009 at 5:23:58 pm

You can't adjust the size of the box, on the other hand you don't have to click in it either. If nothing is selected in the timeline you can simply start typing anywhere and it will enter in the timecode display.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
Re: Accidentally hitting Tab Sequences when editing in Timeline
on Oct 6, 2009 at 11:04:24 pm

Hey Greg - I suffer the same problem of accidentally clicking another tab and if I look away momentarily while doing it then back at the screen I get totally confused not remembering what I was suppose to be doing!

I also use Nuendo 4 as an audio program and that lets you click anywhere in open space within the timeline and it will move the playhead to it. It is hard bouncing back and forth between the two programs.

Baz

What would I do without the 'UNDO' button!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]