FORUMS: list search recent posts

I am so sick of batch capture problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Maghran
I am so sick of batch capture problems
on Oct 6, 2009 at 12:58:09 am

On FCP 6.0.1 I continually get the "timecode error: batch capture: unable to locate the specified timecode. You may have a specified timecodw tih insufficient room for a pre/post roll operation." I am recording 25 seconds into the tape, and I have put 30 seconds under user preferences for the pre/post roll time. I do not understand this. It happens every time I try and use FCP.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: I am so sick of batch capture problems
on Oct 6, 2009 at 1:02:10 am

[Brendan Maghran] "" I am recording 25 seconds into the tape, and I have put 30 seconds under user preferences for the pre/post roll time."

That means that your post roll is 5 seconds LONGER than where you have your inpoint set. And 30 seconds is tool long. 5 seconds is all you need.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 6, 2009 at 1:26:14 am

Hi Brendan,
Although probably no related with your capture problems, you should update your FC.
FC 6.0.1 was a highly buggy version.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Oct 6, 2009 at 4:02:10 pm

[Rafael Amador] "FC 6.0.1 was a highly buggy version."

I found 6.03 to be a good release over all.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 6, 2009 at 4:16:35 pm

Hi Chris,
With the pass of the time the FC versions get mixed in the mind.
I think to remember that FC 6.0.0 was very buggy. It had just few days of life before FC 6.0.1 was released. This 6.0.1 was even more buggy. FC 6.0.2 broth a bit of peace (and few new features).
I'm my memory (may be wrong) FC 6.0.3 broke more things that was aimed to fix.
FC 6.0.4 OK.
Now I'm stuck in FC 6.0.5 waiting to jump to SL and FC7.
I don't see much the need, but I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm getting backward.
Best,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 6, 2009 at 4:52:08 am

I think you're making a joke? Anyway, you're asking it to begin playing the tape 30 seconds before the in point (where you want to begin capture). That's what pre-roll is. Generally a small amount of time to make sure the tape is up to speed and playing correctly before the capture begins. Typically 5 seconds, however I use 1 second often when there is a tape problem or I have to capture something right after a TC break.

You admit you're trying to capture at a point 25 seconds into the tape. But you're asking it to rewind to a point 30 seconds before that. A point which does not exist. Just change your preroll to 5 seconds (what it was set to before you mussed wtih it) and you'll be good.

Bret Williams
Web Design . Motion Graphics . Video Editing
http://www.bretwilliams.com

Return to posts index

Brendan Maghran
on Oct 7, 2009 at 5:08:43 pm

Thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it when people help me out on this forum. I will definitely use this advice next time I batch capture. Thanks again.

Brendan

Return to posts index

J. Tad Newberry
on Oct 7, 2009 at 5:25:02 pm

Hey Brendan, you could also trash your FCP prefs and it would automatically re-set your pre-roll to 5 seconds. Just a thought, and it might clean up any other pesky problems you might be having as well.

Thanks again!

J. Tad Newberry
Big Ya Productions
Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad-Core
3 GB RAM
http://www.bigya.tv

Return to posts index

Brendan Maghran
on Oct 7, 2009 at 8:06:50 pm

I actually watched Rich Harringtons tutorial on trashing final cut preferences a few days ago because FCP 7 kept crashing on me. It really worked I haven't had any problems since.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]