FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with FCE4 - Importing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rory McGuinness
Problems with FCE4 - Importing
on Oct 5, 2009 at 6:33:29 pm

Hi there, I'm having problems importing footage from my Panasonic HDC-TCM300 using Logging and Transfer on Final Cut Express 4.
When clicking on 'Add Clip to Queue' it begins transferring but then stops shortly afterwards. A red error sign appears when I drag my mouse over the transfer symbol, and reads "Error: No Data". This happens for every clip, whether transferring from in-built memory or memory stick.
If I try to play any clips in the preview window Final Cut Express promptly crashes.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Problems with FCE4 - Importing
on Oct 5, 2009 at 7:23:43 pm

There can be a lo of causes for this. Make sure you're using 4.0.1, that you've set the correct AVCHD preset, that in the gear preferences popup in Log & Transfer you're using AIC and audio set to plain stereo, that you're capturing to a correctly formatted Mac OS drive. There can be others but try those after trashing your preferences and rebooting.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP6," "Basic Training for FCS2" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Rory McGuinness
Re: Problems with FCE4 - Importing
on Oct 6, 2009 at 12:09:07 pm

Thanks for your response, unfortunately have had no luck so far but am now importing through iMovie, then exporting to FCE as xml file... bit long winded but successful so far!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]