FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing tracks from a clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Dean
Removing tracks from a clip
on Oct 5, 2009 at 3:46:01 pm

Hi! I have a slew of clips that someone mistakenly captured with up to 16 audio tracks, and I only need the first two. In Avid Media Composer, you can select a clip, call up a "Modify" command and you have the option of deleting as many tracks as you want, even the video. Is there something comparable in FCP? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Christopher Targia
Re: Removing tracks from a clip
on Oct 5, 2009 at 3:53:18 pm

when you insert/overwrite/whatever the clip into the timeline or canvas, make sure that only the sources for v1, a1, and a2 are selected, the other audio tracks will not be brought into the timeline, as far as specifically DELETING them from the source file, that I am not sure of.

Return to posts index

David Dean
on Oct 5, 2009 at 4:07:30 pm

Thanks for responding so quickly, Christopher. What I'm trying to avoid is having several extra tracks added to my timeline just by opening up a clip in the viewer. Avid will let you modify a source clip after capture right in the bin (also freeing up drive space), which is what I'm trying to see if FCP will do.

Return to posts index

massimo croce
on Oct 7, 2009 at 10:28:48 am

you can 't do it in FCP, but you can in QuickTime by selecting the clip open it in QT select "Show Movie Properties"(cmd-j) and deleting the audio tracks you don 't want.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]