FORUMS: list search recent posts

OK, it's a home video question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Craig
OK, it's a home video question
on Oct 4, 2009 at 5:20:06 pm

As ALL of you know, when a question or task involving video comes up in your family, YOU are the one everyone turns to, right? So it is in this case.

We recently had a gathering at my home to celebrate my parents' 65th wedding anniversary. Can you believe that?! Pretty cool, I think. Anyway, video was not intended as part of the event. But as it happens my parents sat at the table in a fine reminiscing mood and talked and talked about getting engaged, the travails of finding time together and getting married during WWII, with my father in the service overseas, etc. But I digress..

Each of my two sisters quietly leveled their small snapshot cameras (set in video mode) onto the table and recorded everything. I'm now going to assemble their two source videos into a piece. How luck I am to have a two-camera shoot, right? Here's my question: One camera shot .mpg and one shot mp4. I'll now convert them both to the highest quality format I can to edit in FCP. I can run experiments to find my best format choices but I thought maybe someone here might save me the time by knowing the best way to proceed from these two source formats. I assume I'll use Compressor for this but I also have Episode (which I love), After Effects, and of course FCP.

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: OK, it's a home video question
on Oct 4, 2009 at 5:23:39 pm

MPEG Streamclip to ProRes LT.

Kevin Monahan
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

Return to posts index

Ron Craig
Re: OK, it's a home video question
on Oct 4, 2009 at 5:27:19 pm

I had to wait three minutes for that answer! Can't you be any faster, Kevin?! Good idea. Thanks very much. Although I have used Streamclip in the past I rarely work with mpeg so I didn't think of it. And I didn't know it could do ProRes. Much appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]