FORUMS: list search recent posts

All footage just blank colors

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erin Hassidim
All footage just blank colors
on Oct 2, 2009 at 9:27:56 pm

After a power outage and a server crash yesterday, I opened a project file with the capture scratch settings set to the local hard drive instead of the SAN server as usual. All the footage was offline because it was stored on the server, but I was going to add one thing to it - I knew where it was going to go.

Today we now have access to the footage again, but when opening the project file, all the footage is just various blank colors (from pink to green to gray). After rendering parts of it, those parts are just black. This is both in the canvas and the viewer. The footage is fine when viewed in Quicktime. Could there be a way to get this footage working in the project without recutting it all? This is an HD DVCPro project.

What has been tried:
reconnecting the media
making the media offline and reconnecting the media
changing FCP settings - reset FCP settings before opening it today

Any settings in particular I should try? or any other suggestions?

Thanks

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: All footage just blank colors
on Oct 2, 2009 at 9:54:41 pm

Did you trash prefs and repair permissions? Have you tried opening the project on different machines? If it works on another machine, then FCP probably has to be reinstalled. Can you open any other projects and do they play properly?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]