FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit to tape issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erick Blackwood
Edit to tape issue
on Oct 2, 2009 at 6:10:00 pm

I'm using the latest FCP, not running snow leopard and output via Matrox MXO2 into mixer and Sony PVW 2800. going composite out to the deck with remote attached also for control. trying to print to tape with accurate timecode, but when i stripe the tape and set the strip point at 58:00:00, it starts at 0:00:00:00 instead. any ideas? am i missing something?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Edit to tape issue
on Oct 2, 2009 at 6:27:58 pm

[Erick Blackwood] "when i stripe the tape and set the strip point at 58:00:00, it starts at 0:00:00:00"

So you are trying to black the tape, but it won't take the right code? are you trying to black it with FCP in the EDIT TO TAPE window, or via the Deck?

Oh...set the deck's timecode to External Regen. It will take an external source then...

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Erick Blackwood
on Oct 2, 2009 at 7:16:51 pm

ok, so i have timecode working accurately now, but when it comes time to lay the signal off to tape...nothing. i can crash into the deck and record successfully but the 'edit to tape' function isn't working. ideas?

Return to posts index

Erick Blackwood
on Oct 2, 2009 at 9:01:33 pm

it was a setting in audio/video settings 'edit to tape, print to video' with different device. geez. computers. why would that EVER be selected?
thanks for your help though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]