FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrade to Final Cut 6.0.5

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cuauhtzin Gutierrez
Upgrade to Final Cut 6.0.5
on Oct 2, 2009 at 6:04:58 pm

Hello All-

I'm working on a project with another editor and eventually we are both going to need to share project files. Problem is I'm running 6.0.5 and he's running 5. something.

I've searched around the web looking for a .dmg upgrade to 6.0.5 but haven't found anything. I was wondering if anyone knows somewhere I can go to upgrade for this specific version.

Or if anyone has any other ideas on how we can both share project files, I would love to hear that as well. Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Upgrade to Final Cut 6.0.5
on Oct 2, 2009 at 6:30:10 pm

Going from FCP 5 to FCP 6 is a PAID upgrade...not something you download. So they either have to try to find it used somewhere, as Apple is now only selling FCP 7, or rely on exporting an XML of your projects or sequences for them to import. XML v3 for FCP 5 to read.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Cuauhtzin Gutierrez
on Oct 2, 2009 at 7:01:08 pm

Oh okay, I was confused but you reminded me what I did previously. I had final cut pro 6.0.1 and I had to upgrade to .5 so I was able to download the upgrade.

I was confused as to why my friend couldn't do the same. Thanks for the info.

If I export an XML file will it take a very long time? Like a quicktime export or will it be relatively quick?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 2, 2009 at 7:45:33 pm

XML export is relatively quick. Seconds.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Cuauhtzin Gutierrez
on Oct 2, 2009 at 10:34:30 pm

seems to be working. thanks a lot Shane, appreciate the help! I've exported a test to his old FCP right now and it works! hopefully it will continue to works when he exports and tries to come back into my 6.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]