FORUMS: list search recent posts

capturing 23.98 batacam sp

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pierre Luc Jutras Gouin
capturing 23.98 batacam sp
on Oct 1, 2009 at 10:47:36 pm

Hi,

I have some 35mm material that has been transfer to beta SP at the lab. On the tape it says that it's at 23.98. I have a kona AJA LHe and I have a hard time capturing the footage. I've tried uncompressed settings at 29.97 and at 23.98. Nothing works. I got some weird scaling and blended frames.

Any one knows how I should proceed?

Thanks,

Pierre Luc Jutras Gouin

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: capturing 23.98 batacam sp
on Oct 1, 2009 at 10:59:56 pm

Did you get a database from the lab? if so, oyu can use Cinema Tools to capture @ 23.98. Or you can remove the pulldown using cinema tools as well.

If you want, you can capture @ 29.97, that should be using the NTSC uncompressed (or whatever) codec AJA easy setup. If the footage is anmorphic, you will have ot modify the preset to reflect that, or change the clips to anamorphic after you capture by clicking the anamorphic columnin the browser.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Aaron Neitz
on Oct 2, 2009 at 2:49:15 am

Typically what that means is that your 24 film frames were transferred to a 29.97 fps tape with 3:2 pulldown.

Google "3:2 pulldown" then look in the Cinema Tools manual and it will tell you how to remove the "extra" frames.

In some small circles people transfer 23.98 to 29.97 tape without pulldown creating a sped up effect on capture which is simple to remove. But it's pretty outside the norm to do that.

Return to posts index

Pierre Luc Jutras Gouin
on Oct 6, 2009 at 9:54:26 pm

It worked fine with cinema tools. I had forgotten about that! It's been a while since I've worked with film material.

Thanks a lot for those quick response,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]