FORUMS: list search recent posts

EDL export with TIFFs problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ana Yavari
EDL export with TIFFs problem
on Oct 1, 2009 at 7:35:52 pm

Hey

I'm trying to export an edl of just tiff files using CMX3600 format. When I look at the EDL in text format it gives all the correct information, but when I import the edl back into Final Cut, it turns the 20 tiff files in the sequence into one big file with the name of the first tiff on my sequence.

As a test, I tried putting a frame of black in between every tiff file and then I exported it and it worked fine - however in the long run I can't have frames of black in between each file.

Anybody know a solution?

Thanks so much in advance!

Return to posts index

Doug Beal
Re: EDL export with TIFFs problem
on Oct 1, 2009 at 10:50:12 pm

perhaps it's a reel number issue. if you gave each tiff a three digit reel number perhaps corresponding to their sequential order number things might work better. worth a try.
EDL's are a legacy from linear editing, where if someone had a sequence of stills they would have been laid off to a GFX reel for the edit. single frame edits on tape machines are chancy and hard on the transport mechanism, hard disk recorders eased that problem at considerable expense, and very short capacity. thus GFX folk could record the single frame stuff to a hard disk recorder and the lay that 2 second to 60 second piece of to tape for a linear edit.
So EDL's love reel numbers and timecode

Doug Beal
Editor / Engineer
Rock Creative Images
Nashville TN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]