FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chroma Key Scene Sync

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Lampel
Chroma Key Scene Sync
on Sep 30, 2009 at 4:41:30 pm

Does anyone know of a method to get the keyed background to move "in sync" with the foreground? I would try Motion but the camera movement isn't simple pan and tilt (chasing hyperactive small pets around an enclosure. The master shot is a keyed lock-off. The close up will move somewhat erratically.)

Bob Lampel
TV Director/Producer

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Chroma Key Scene Sync
on Sep 30, 2009 at 6:05:54 pm

Yipes! Motion tracking hyperactive animals on a tight shot? You've got your hands full! You're a brave man, sir....

I'm a big believer in After Effects for such things, and if you have access to AE9, you could give motion tracking with Mocha a shot... it might work better than AE's own built-in motion tracker. AE's motion tracker might be able to do it -- IF there are good enough tracking points in the shot -- but it'll be a long process... not exactly automatic.

And I hope your background is big enough so that its resolution can withstand cutting to a tight shot.

Not to mention pulling a convincing key, which ain't exactly FCP's long suit.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: Chroma Key Scene Sync
on Sep 30, 2009 at 11:00:54 pm

This is they kind of thing I'd do in Shake. But since you already have Motion with FC Studio, you might as well try that.

Look up "match move" and "tracking" in your Motion manual. While you're at it, you could try pulling the keys in Motion, too.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]