FORUMS: list search recent posts

do you guys use find like relative media on AVID?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
do you guys use find like relative media on AVID?
on Sep 28, 2009 at 1:50:17 pm

I just found the cmd+F by accident...and It dawned on me that I may be able to use this like "select media relatives" in AVID. Is it similar? Is it a feature that people use?

-Jason

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: do you guys use find like relative media on AVID?
on Sep 28, 2009 at 4:58:01 pm

I use it to FIND footage I know the name of, either one at a time, or FIND ALL will highlight all instances of that clip in the sequence. I don't think I used the Find Media Relatives in Avid, so I don't know if it is similar.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Sep 28, 2009 at 6:31:59 pm

I've been Avid editing since 1996 and have never felt the need to use the "find media relatives" feature.

Funny how an indispensable feature for some can be meaningless to another. That's why its hard to write NLE software, I guess.

Return to posts index

Kristin Leys
on Sep 28, 2009 at 6:47:23 pm

I don't think FCP has a "find media relatives" equivalent.

Probably due to the different media handling paradigms that the two programs use.

Which is weird, because when I think about it I use that function quite a lot in AVID. But never miss it in FCP.

Bit like transfer modes. Got them in FCP, and use them. Don't have them in AVID, and I don't miss them.

The beauty of having competing software and products.

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Sep 28, 2009 at 7:04:53 pm

My workflow was always to have hundreds of clips offlined based on shots - wide/med/tight house/dog/cars.

I'd end up having hundreds of clips...so selecting media relatives would allow me to filter out shots I had used and ones I hadn't. It was indispensable to me for doc style work.

-Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]