FORUMS: list search recent posts

Convert PAL prores to NTSC Prores?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Yarven
Convert PAL prores to NTSC Prores?
on Sep 28, 2009 at 1:07:11 am

Hi,

Recently, Neil Sadwelkar answered my question about converting HD PAL to HD NTSC. I hope he sees this post, sorry for reposting but my last post is way too far down now for him or anyone else to notice.

I have exported my PAL sequence as a Prores, and now have that in compressor, but can't work out how to convert this to a NTSC Prores. Where do I change the setting?

(I am trying to make an HD NTSC DVD from my HD PAL Timeline, and haven't worked out how to do it yet. I can only work out how to make a SD NTSC DVD)

Return to posts index

Tony Yarven
Re: Convert PAL prores to NTSC Prores?
on Sep 28, 2009 at 2:24:31 am

OK I think i worked it out, I have to bring it into a new timeline and export it from there, not from compressor. Then I can see a Prores NTSC option. But how come compressor doesn't have one?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 28, 2009 at 2:57:20 am

[Tony Yarven] "OK I think i worked it out, I have to bring it into a new timeline and export it from there, not from compressor. "
This makes no much sense.
Are you putting your PAL clip in an NTSC sequence?
No-no.

[Tony Yarven] "Then I can see a Prores NTSC option. But how come compressor doesn't have one? "
Look again in Compressor.
it have a Presets folder call "Standard Conversion"
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
on Sep 28, 2009 at 4:46:56 am

There's no preset for NTSC ProRes in Compressor. You'll have to use the Apple ProRes preset in Compressor which is at

Apple > Other Workflows > Advanced Format Conversions > Apple Codecs

There, use the Apple Prores 422 or 422 High Quality (It called 'Apple ProRes 422 for Interlaced material')

Duplicate it, inthe dupe preset, change the frame rate to 29.97, Set Frame Controls to On, And set dimensions to 720x486. and pixel aspect to 16:9 or 4:3 as you need.

Save this preset as NTSC ProRes so you can use it again.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]