FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Audio pops at all transitions Apple Pro Res Footage, help fix?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad DeCecco
FCP Audio pops at all transitions Apple Pro Res Footage, help fix?
on Sep 26, 2009 at 7:03:36 pm

I have footage from a Canon 5D MArk II that had audio captured directly into the camera via the beachtek (sp?) xlr input adapter. The sound quality isn't great, but the pops aren't present on the clips. Every time I put a clip next to another in the timeline, there's a pop at the end point. I have tried both types of audio transitions ("0 db" and "+3 db") for varying lengths of time and there is still a pop at the beginning and end of each transition, can anyone please help? I've never seen this before. I"m in the newest version of FCP on a brand new Mac Pro running 10.5.8.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: FCP Audio pops at all transitions Apple Pro Res Footage, help fix?
on Sep 26, 2009 at 10:39:36 pm

Have you converted the audio from 44.1khz (camera setting) to 48khz for editing?

If not you are relying on FCP to convert and it does this badly on the fly, better after render.

Return to posts index

Brad DeCecco
on Sep 26, 2009 at 10:59:43 pm

Hm, well i captured the audio via the beachtek adapter, would that change it to 48? Rendering does nothing to help. I converted the footage to apple pro res in compressor, but now that I look at the browser I see it says 44.1 under audio rate. How do I change this? Thanks so much for weighing in!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Sep 26, 2009 at 11:45:01 pm

The sample rate is set by the camera. When your files are converted from H264 to an editing codec like ProRes, the sample rate needs to be converted as well.

Compressor will do that conversion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]