FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio for every other clip does not play

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Dadey
Audio for every other clip does not play
on Sep 25, 2009 at 3:36:22 pm

Moved project from one edit room to another, using the same project file and media drive. Both FCP systems running the same version of FCP and QuickTime. Now the main audio tracks don't play properly. Every other clip will play, while the others are silent. When I go back to play again, the silent clip plays and visa versa.
Trashed preferences, restarted, powered down. The audio outputs are set to stereo, as they were prior to the problem

Keith Dadey

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Audio for every other clip does not play
on Sep 25, 2009 at 4:39:54 pm

If you had to render any audio, delete the render file references using the Render Manager. Those render files may still be on the other machine, and Render Manager will remove them from the project.

Then re-render the audio as usual. I like using the Mixdown command.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Keith Dadey
on Sep 25, 2009 at 6:08:20 pm

Dave, YOU DA MAN!! It works!!! Not sure how render files would get corrupted, but nothing surprises me anymore.
Thanks SO MUCH.
Keith

Keith Dadey

Return to posts index

Keith Dadey
on Sep 25, 2009 at 8:22:27 pm

Well, the problem is back with a vengeance. I did throw away the audio render files (twice now), initially, it seemed to clear up the problem, but it is still happening. Some audio plays slowly also and will go out of sync. I tried playing with no audio render files, and same thing. I'm in desperate need on this, must deliver the show today.
Thanks in advance

Keith Dadey

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 25, 2009 at 8:35:12 pm

You did a Mixdown, right? Usually a mixdown fixes a multitude of things, even flaky video. Go figure.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Keith Dadey
on Sep 26, 2009 at 7:20:33 pm

I've rendered the mixdown, and that didn't help. Exported audio only self contained QT, then imported it with the same problems. Tried exporting to Sound Track Pro where all the audio played fine. So, exported AIFF's of all 10 tracks, imported to FCP, put into timeline... same problems. Bough a new drive, copied all media and project to it. Initially, it worked as long at the video is un-rendered. As soon as video rendered (to same new drive)...same problem.
Opened other projects with media on other drives, and all of them played... including projects and media that were on the same drive as my problem project!! Go figure.

I'm running out of ideas to go around the problem. So, I'm re-installing FCP software with all upgrades to the same versions as yesterday.

Keith Dadey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]