FORUMS: list search recent posts

Swapping audio stereo with multitrack WAV files SERIOUS issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pawel Gardynik
Swapping audio stereo with multitrack WAV files SERIOUS issues
on Sep 25, 2009 at 3:29:07 pm

Dear all,

My problem seems to me really complicated. In the first place I have to admit that we have some "communication problems" with our sound recordist.
The film has been edited, as Cinematools 24@25 project, with low quality stereo WAV files and now they have to be replaced with full quality, multitrack files. We got source files - every channel as separate WAV file. I know it's not the best way but we decided to swap the files manually, putting them one below another, it's load of time to get through it but the worst problem is that the source files have different timecode rate (30) than the low-quality ones (24). Additionaly, the 30-TC ones seem to be slightly slower though both are of the same length!! Now I don't know if it's the issue caused by the sound recordist or am I doing something wrong. It's 24@25 project, maybe I should set something.

Second thing - is it possible to match two clips by their timecodes automatically?

I'm in really troble, any hint will be appraciated. Sorry if my explanation is vague but I'm a bit jittery.
Thanks in advance,
Pawel

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Swapping audio stereo with multitrack WAV files SERIOUS issues
on Sep 25, 2009 at 5:55:22 pm

Why is your sound @ 30? It should be at 24.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]