FORUMS: list search recent posts

text stability

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Rawiri
text stability
on Sep 25, 2009 at 1:52:46 am

Hey guys
I Have shot some 1080i footage on the sony ex1 and i am editing in final cut pro 6 in a apple pro res sequence because i am delivering a SD final output.
I have been working with field dominance set to none and had to use crawling text to stabilize my texts,
however my 1080i footage started to flicker so I changed my field dominance to upper in my sequence settings and it fixes the footage flicker but again my text seems to flicker i have use flicker and de-interlace filters . note i am watching my sequence on a CRT monitor via component cables from the AJ kona 3 video card. thanks.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: text stability
on Sep 25, 2009 at 3:49:33 am

Is the text flickering when monitoring in HD or are you watching the SD downconvert output?

Its usually better to add graphics to your SD version in a separate pass, rather than downconverting HD graphics. If this is not possible, you might try using a larger font size and see if that helps.

Return to posts index

Ross Rawiri
Re: text stability
on Sep 27, 2009 at 9:43:41 pm

Hey thanks for the response, Im not using a HD timeline i am using a SD apple pro res timeline so Im not down converting using the Kona card in just watching it strait as an SD 625i25 , so I am building my text layers in a SD timeline using final cut texts. the text are flickering when monitoring in SD. cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]