FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP - Converted AVIs to MOVs (wrapper)...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dyan Bailey
FCP - Converted AVIs to MOVs (wrapper)...
on Sep 24, 2009 at 7:47:21 pm

Hi.

So I had a project where a large amount of the footage was uncompressed AVIs. FCP did not read them as AVIs, but if I opened them in QT and saved them in a QT wrapper, all was well. I was using a RAID from my client, and am now taking all those AVIs and putting onto MY drive. The problem is this - the project won't read anything once the clients raid is disconnected, and when I try to tell it to reconnect them from MY drive, it makes me do it ONE AT A TIME and then, STILL doesn't really work. And it seems like everytime I shut down, if I want to look at the project I have to relink these files one at a time (and there are a TON of them)

Please help! Why is this happening???!?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: FCP - Converted AVIs to MOVs (wrapper)...
on Sep 24, 2009 at 8:56:30 pm

[Dyan Bailey] "Why is this happening???!?"

Because you don't have the precise combination of file paths & folder names that was used when yu had the client's disk hooked up.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dyan Bailey
on Sep 24, 2009 at 9:45:09 pm

I should be able to just reconnect the files from the other drive though, all at once. There are the exact same files, just on a different drive.

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Sep 25, 2009 at 12:15:08 am

Are they all in the same place on the drive? FCP will find them much more easily if they're all in one folder.

Do your clip names match the file names? If they don't you'll have trouble finding them once FCP loses the connection.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]