FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wierd bars on color corrected footage in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Herbert
Wierd bars on color corrected footage in FCP7
on Sep 24, 2009 at 3:13:09 pm

Hello All,

I'm doing some finishing work on a project in FCP7, and I'm getting odd results when I output my sequence. My footage is DVCPRO HD 960x720 23.98. I put the basic color corrector filter on lots of clips and everything seems fine within FCP. But when I export I get weird "bars" on the clips that I color corrected. Non corrected footage comes out fine. See here:

http://maguills.com/stills/wierd_bars_example.jp

I've tried exporting all different ways, through compressor, through quicktime conversion, through the share dialogue, with compression, without compression, all kinds of different codecs and sizes. I've restarted FCP and the whole machine.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Joe

g

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
Re: Wierd bars on color corrected footage in FCP7
on Sep 24, 2009 at 4:25:23 pm

Hi,

The weird bars are from our DEMO version of Calibrated{Q} DVCProHD Decode for OSX - which you must have installed on your computer at some point. Calibrated{Q} DVCProHD Decode for OSX is not meant for and should not be used on computers with FCP. To uninstall, just follow the uninstall instructions in the ReadMe which you can download from the webpage here (it's on the righthand sidebar):

http://www.calibratedsoftware.com/QDVCProHD.asp

Once you delete Calibrated{Q} DVCProHD Decode and restart - you'll have no more gray bars on your renders.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Return to posts index

Joe Herbert
on Sep 24, 2009 at 5:49:29 pm

Thanks Greg!!!

It worked. But I'm wondering why the footage that wasn't color corrected didn't have the bars? It seems all the DVCProHD footage would have these bars, no?

Thanks,
Joe

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
on Sep 24, 2009 at 6:18:14 pm

Hi,

That's because Apple has its own DVCProHD codec that comes with FCP - so if our Calibrated DVCProHD Codec is installed too then sometimes its used instead of the Apple DVCProHD codec and vice-versa for various tasks.

Cheers,
Greg

Return to posts index

Joe Herbert
on Sep 24, 2009 at 4:25:43 pm

UPDATE: The same thing happens with the 3-way CC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]