FORUMS: list search recent posts

xdcam-ex 1080 distorts

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Schoklant
xdcam-ex 1080 distorts
on Sep 23, 2009 at 9:58:37 pm

I'm running Leopard and FCP 6.06 on a Mac Pro 2.8GHz 8-Core Xeon with 8GB memory.
I'm editing 3 min shorts shot on the JVC HM100, which uses the xdcam-ex codec wrapped in Quicktime (1920 50i).

At first there were no problems but since a few days the image has a digital distortion at random points, most often around shorter cuts. It shows the actual frame with distorted by a frame from somewhere earlier in the edit. It occurs on the JVC footage as well as exported Motion projects in the same resolution. The distortion occurs on rendered and unrendered sequences, as well as on sequences that didn't need to render and single layer sequences. The problem doesn't exist on SD sequences, nor (as far as I can tell) after export.

Trying to solve the problem I tried changing the render settings to ProRes, trashed the system preferences and all render files, but nothing seems to help. What options do I have left?

Return to posts index

Chris Poisson
Re: xdcam-ex 1080 distorts
on Sep 24, 2009 at 1:53:57 pm

This sounds like it's time to trash your prefs, fix permissions and do a restart.

Return to posts index

Brian Schoklant
Re: xdcam-ex 1080 distorts
on Sep 28, 2009 at 12:39:35 pm

I was down with the flu so I I'm sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner.
Your advice was golden! Repairing permissions was the key to solving this issue, so thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]