FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating new bin/seq makes new one in root directory

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
creating new bin/seq makes new one in root directory
on Sep 23, 2009 at 1:40:35 pm

Is there a way to set cmd+n or cmd+b to make a new seq/bin inside of a folder rather than in the main directory of the project?

-Jason

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: creating new bin/seq makes new one in root directory
on Sep 23, 2009 at 1:50:38 pm

Double click the Bin to open it in an independent tab. new Bins and sequence will be in that Bin.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Sep 23, 2009 at 1:58:22 pm

Great! Exactly what I was looking for.

I'm still getting used to macs. How do you work with multiple bins and seeing the desktop/other apps in the background? It's confusing how macs work seeing through applications...I'm used to windows being 1 window and the application works in that window!

How do you setup your work area in Final Cut? I've got dual 24" monitors.

-Jason

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 23, 2009 at 2:37:51 pm

Drag your browser over to the other screen. when you then double click a bin you can then drag the open bins to the browser and the bin will now be another tab at the top of the browser. You can then click on which bin you need by switching tabs. Hope that makes sense, it's hard to explain, but easy to do.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Sep 23, 2009 at 3:06:40 pm

[Jason Brown] "It's confusing how macs work seeing through applications.."
You can use Expose and Spaces.

[Jason Brown] "How do you setup your work area in Final Cut? I've got dual 24" monitors.
"

I'm not a model on how to organize nothing.
A 30" screen where you can display all the FC windows and a monitor for Color Correction, Y think is the more comfortable solution.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Sep 23, 2009 at 3:12:59 pm

I've got a workflow...just wondering if anyone has dual 24's...I'd love to get a layout file and see how others are using their bins and windows.

I use Expose ALL the time...spaces doesn't seem to work for me. I forced myself to use it for about a week and didn't like it.

I've organized my windows so I can't see through to the desktop...all windows are touching...I've opened my bins into new windows to fill the space. Seems to be working for me so far.

-Jason

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Sep 24, 2009 at 2:53:35 am

[Jason Brown] "I'm used to windows being 1 window and the application works in that window!"

In Windows & Linux, applications live inside of windows. In Mac OS, windows live inside of applications. It's a different paradigm, and that's what makes Mac OS such an elegant and powerful window manager.

No need to launch a browser to "explore" your hard drive, just double click it's icon. The desktop is your browser.

Need to find something 6 folders down? just drill down by double clicking. when you're done, there's only the 1 window open in the place you want it to be, not 6.

Once you get used to it, you'll never understand how you managed to get anything done in Windows.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Sep 23, 2009 at 4:44:01 pm

Jason,

It's a whole easier if you simply right click on a bin and choose New Bin. That puts a bin inside another every time... If you don't use a mouse with a right button, Control Click does the same thing... But, do get a "real" mouse if you don't have one, as the mouse wheel also comes in might handy.

David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Sep 24, 2009 at 2:25:06 am

Right click on the bin and choose "New Sequence". It will make the sequence inside of that bin.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]