FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitor for Editing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Bundy
Monitor for Editing
on Sep 23, 2009 at 2:36:14 am

Hey everyone, please let me know if I posted this in the wrong area. I wanted to do a quick poll and see what people recommend for monitors when editing in HD. I'm on a bit of a budget because I'm investing in an entire system and camera, so I'm leaving about $1500 for my monitor setup. I would rather go with quality of quantity, so if I have to limit myself to one screen, that's fine. Also, my product will be going straight to a high-end consumer, so the only place what I'm working on will be viewed is on a home TV, my assumption is that most of them will be larger HD tvs.

So, any ideas out there? I would like to go big as possible, or maybe I should by a high quality monitor and then buy a separate tv to see the final output? Any help would be greatly appreciated, or if you could at least point me in the right direction, thanks!
-JB

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Monitor for Editing
on Sep 23, 2009 at 2:47:38 am

for your budget -
Panasonic TH42PD12UK
About $849 at B&H. An amazing value.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Jordan Bundy
on Sep 23, 2009 at 3:30:52 pm

Thanks for the tip, that looks like an incredible second display! What do you think though about the NEC LCD2490WUXI-BK? I've been hearing great things about it, price seems reasonable. Good for editing or unnecessary?
-JB

Return to posts index

Nick Lammers
on Sep 25, 2009 at 7:18:32 pm

I'm looking for a consumer HD that I can use for my editing (don't need anything as large as 42"). I realize I will probably have a minimum size to actually handle 1080 but since the monitor will be on my desk I need to keep the size in mind. Any suggestions? I just don't have the budget for a pro model and I really don't do color correction.

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]