FORUMS: list search recent posts

HELP!! Very strange - Sequence referencing and exporting wrong media.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Rolt
HELP!! Very strange - Sequence referencing and exporting wrong media.
on Sep 22, 2009 at 3:56:00 pm

I am working with footage that was shot on a Panasonic DVCPRO HD400, at 1080 25p, they say. It was captured by the production company and sent to us as Quicktimes (using the Apple ProRes 442 codec). These files look jittery and any movement strobes horribly. This is not all, however. The weirdness then begins. I've cut it into a sequence, set to ProRes 442 settings. The sequence plays back fine in the Canvas window but most of the thumbnails are wrong and reference a different part of the clip, minutes earlier. Is this some kind of slippage? When I then export the sequence from the timeline it exports the media displayed by the thumbnail of that segment and not the media that I cut in there. When I double click on a clip it shows the right In and Out points in the viewer fine. How can the thumbnails reference different timecodes to the viewer?!

Am very confused. Am sorry if this is garbbled but so is my brain! Any help would be appreciated. I reckon its something to do with converting DVC framerates... Anyone?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]