FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclip audio problems with IN points

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Davey
Multiclip audio problems with IN points
on Sep 21, 2009 at 12:44:26 pm

Hi All

Can someone help me this one please as it is driving me mad!

I have used multiclips in the past to switch between two timecode cameras and a timecode audio recorder. I want to keep the audio from the audio recorder runnning all the time whilst switching between the two cameras; with timecode this works fine.

My issue is when I make a multiclip via IN points. I have marked each camera and the audio recorder with a clapper, setup an IN point on each of the three files and then created the multiclip by IN POINTS. I then open up the multiclip in the viewer, click on the audio only file within the multiclip and then set the active tracks to VIDEO ONLY (so that the audio runs continuously and only the video tracks change) and everything works fine. The issue is that for some reason the IN POINT timecode value seems to be adding an additional amount on to the audio file (even though everything says it's fine), meaning that the audio becomes out of sync with the cameras?

Example: IN point of audio recorder file: 00:00:21:08, IN point of camera1: 00:00:02:00. The IN point of the audio file then appears to change to 00:00:42:16, i.e. it is adding on the same IN point value again?

Apologies if this does not read very well, but it's really frustrating? How come all my video cameras stay in sync, but as soon as I bring in an audio ONLY file, this doesn't?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]