FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media manager adding -v to files to without audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Partridge
Media manager adding -v to files to without audio
on Sep 21, 2009 at 9:20:29 am

Hi,

I have been using media manager to send new shots and edits to my clients for some time with no problem. Recently they have requested that I strip out the audio tracks contained in my source quicktimes which I have been doing in compressor.

When I use media manager to send a new edit and media it adds a '-v' to all clips that don't have an audio file. As this is unacceptable to the clients I am having to strip the -v from all files then manually relink them in the new project before I send them off. As there can be up to 100 files affected this can be really time consuming. Why is it doing this and is there a work around?

Thanks for any help,

Tom.

Return to posts index

Kevin Hamm
Re: Media manager adding -v to files to without audio
on Sep 21, 2009 at 9:25:12 am

Simple - in the Destinations tab, create a local custom destination and change the naming settings to be just the sequence name (or whatever you want) and the normal file extension, and use that destination for your output. That's how I get iPhone optimized files without "sequence-H.264 for iPod video and iPhone 640x480" - because really, how is that stuff helpful in the long haul?

kev~!

Kevin Hamm
Video, Web, Print, coloring books, jam and socks.

Return to posts index

Tom Partridge
on Sep 21, 2009 at 9:42:06 am

Hi Kev,

Thanks for replying!

I am a bit confused now as the only naming options in media manager are 'clip names' or 'existing file names' and both settings add the -v to the files without audio.

I might be wrong but it sounds like you are referring to the naming settings in compressor which I don't need to change.

I need the media files that I output in media manager to be named exactly as the source files that I have created in compressor.

Return to posts index

Kevin Hamm
on Sep 21, 2009 at 9:05:19 pm

Ah, ok, now I see what you're doing. Although I'm not clear on why you're doing it. I've never heard of this use of MM, and kinda want to know if this is really the best option for what you need.

You're already creating the video-only files in Compressor. Do you then bring them back into FCP? If so, why not create just a new FCP in the folder you output the Compressor files, drag in the media, then save, zip and send that folder?

I was confused because clip names in the finder don't have to be the same as the clip name in the FCP bin, and I try not to show my bins to my clients, as my naming conventions are a bit *ahem* blue.

Kevin Hamm
Video, Web, Print, coloring books, jam and socks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]