FORUMS: list search recent posts

help!! reconnecting media problems EX1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Johnson
help!! reconnecting media problems EX1
on Sep 20, 2009 at 3:35:25 pm

Ok so I guess I made the stupid mistake of moving files. I was spring cleaning the internal drive on the Macbook Pro (unibody 2.8ghz) cause I had only 5gigs left on 500..SO I made a fcp project folder and moved all my captured media to an external. 3 project synced up fine. This last one doesnt...Its realy important too and Im on the deadline..The project itself is perfect..all the cuts and transitions and fx are in the right places..just when I reconnect the clips they aren't syncing up to what they were edited as..Is it possible that Im reconnecting the wrongs files? I tried recapturing the clips from the BPAV folder and they dont sync? I dont get how I was able to reconnect 3 projects perfectly but not this last one..

sony pmw-ex1 fcp 6.02 mbp uni 2.8 - sony clip browser and transfer tool all up to date and all that jazz.

any help would be greatly appreciated...it would save my butt!

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: help!! reconnecting media problems EX1
on Sep 20, 2009 at 3:54:52 pm

Have a look at Bouke's FCP Reconnect app Jason ... its possibly just what you need and pretty darn reasonably priced

http://www.videotoolshed.com/?page=products&pID=41

Return to posts index

David Achilles
on Oct 10, 2009 at 6:20:01 pm

I love the COW! Thanks for that link to Video toolshed! Its totally bailing me out this weekend...

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Kevin Hamm
on Sep 21, 2009 at 9:21:26 am

Open one of the AutoSave Archive versions of the project you're having troubles with and see if it's just that save of the FCP project that's having problems. Stranger stuff has happened. Also, run with the basics, and repair permissions on your machine.

I've had some issues in the past where footage wouldn't reconnect but I told FCP to ignore the issue and do it anyway, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Not happy news, but there it is.

Hope it clears!

kev~!

Kevin Hamm
Video, Web, Print, coloring books, jam and socks.

Return to posts index

Jason Johnson
on Sep 21, 2009 at 2:20:25 pm

thanks for the help guys...Had to go in there and read the old timecode of the footage, and recapture and edit to said time codes and THEN reconnect media. It was a long and painful few days..unfortunately "my boss" is not forgiving and I just lost my job over this...The funny thing is he has his footage exactly in tact like nothing ever happened...such is life!

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Sep 21, 2009 at 2:30:35 pm

Wow, that sucks Jason, tough luck man. Hope you pick up a new gig soon.

Return to posts index

Kevin Hamm
on Sep 21, 2009 at 9:12:37 pm

Sounds like you your ex-boss is an idiot. Small production companies are run on a shoe-string, I know, I'm in one, but not being able to let you recover from issues means that he'll never get good work. I know you'll find something new, you obviously care about what you do. Good luck!

Kevin Hamm
Video, Web, Print, coloring books, jam and socks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]