FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help! -XDCam Transfer Problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Burks
Help! -XDCam Transfer Problems
on Sep 20, 2009 at 2:45:02 pm

Anyone ever work with the XDCam Transfer software for Final Cut Pro? I am having difficulties importing video from the XDCam Transfer program into FCP, it's supposed to be easy. XDCam Transfer is not loading preview images for the clips and is saying "No Media" in the Preview window, but was originally working???
BIG PROJECT!! Please Help!

Jonathan

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: Help! -XDCam Transfer Problems
on Sep 20, 2009 at 2:51:47 pm

You'll need to give us a few details I think Jonathan ... what OS X version, what XDCAM Transfer version, what FCP version? Is this XDCAM SD, HD or EX ?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Burks
on Sep 20, 2009 at 2:55:05 pm

Thanks for your response!
The XDCam is HD, version 2.5.1
Final cut Pro, version 6.0, Mac OS X version 10.4.11

At one time I was able to view the video in the XD Cam standalone player, but now it is giving me the errors "No preview available" and "No Media". Since it's not recognizing Media within those files, I can't import them into FCP.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Sep 20, 2009 at 3:13:38 pm

Are you seeing these errors only on existing footage or also on new footage ... The "No preview available" and "No Media" suggests you may have inadvertently flushed XDCAM Transfer's proxy cache (or maybe its corrupted) ... have you moved the Cache location recently, performed any upgrades, swapped out harddrives etc ?

As a side note, you might want to consider upgrading your XDCAM Transfer app ... the latest version is 2.10.0 and it brings some nice improvements over 2.5.1

You might want to push your FCP version up to 6.1.4 too

Return to posts index

Jonathan Burks
on Sep 20, 2009 at 3:20:31 pm

I haven't run any upgrades, and I'm trying to import new footage. I don't think the FCP upgrade is an option, unless it's free. I'll hunt for that XD Cam upgrade site, or is it possible that you might know of a site?

I am able to view the videos fine within the clip browser of XDCam Transfer, so I know the videos are good. It's when I want to work within FCP and launch the Actual Transfer program that I am getting the error messages.

Thanks for your help with this,
Jonathan

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Sep 20, 2009 at 3:32:55 pm

[Jonathan Burks] "I don't think the FCP upgrade is an option, unless it's free"

It is, just run Software Update... (under the Apple menu)

[Jonathan Burks] "'ll hunt for that XD Cam upgrade site, or is it possible that you might know of a site? "

You should be able to grab it here:
https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-software-model-PDZKP1.aspx

[Jonathan Burks] "I am able to view the videos fine within the clip browser of XDCam Transfer, so I know the videos are good. It's when I want to work within FCP and launch the Actual Transfer program that I am getting the error messages. "

Aha! What do you mean by "launch the Actual Transfer program"? XDCAM Transfer is the actual transfer program ... you select your clip(s) in XDCAM Transfer's clip browser pane, optionally log specific portions ie subclip, and then press the Import button ... the clips are then rewrapped and moved to the target Import directory and optionally imported from there into your FCP project. Is that not how you're currently doing it?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Burks
on Sep 20, 2009 at 3:58:06 pm

It's the importing of the clips that is not happening. There are visible clips imported, but all of them contain "No Image available" messages over them and "No Media" on the player window. So I can't even get past that part.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Sep 20, 2009 at 4:08:08 pm

Ok .. think we maybe went in a big circe there. Lol.
But to clarify, when you say "I am able to view the videos fine within the clip browser of XDCam Transfer" did you mean that you were able to view the in the clip browser in the camera/deck?

In the XDCAM Transfer > Prefernces window >> Cache tab, do you have the "Automatically fetch proxies" option enabled?

Did you get a chance to install the updates yet?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]