FORUMS: list search recent posts

syncing jammed sync questions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth Burke
syncing jammed sync questions
on Sep 19, 2009 at 8:14:20 pm

So I'm a newbie at this kind of thing.

I'm working on a project to be shot on a Sony EX-1. They will record audio separately on a DAT. They will have a slate. They mentioned jam syncing the audio to the Timecode.

I'm using Final Cut Pro 6.06.

I understand that there is a function in Final Cut that allows me to select the clips in the bin, Modify-Merge Clips-Timecode. Then the merged clip should appear in the bin as a separate clip.

My question:
What is the best way to organize all these merged clips for future editing? Should I just throw them in a separate bin called "Merged"? Is there a way to merge the clips, then import the merged clips into a completely separate project? Should I EXPORT the merged clips?

Basically, I'm trying to be organized. I'm just doing the rough cut. There will be another editor to finish the project, so the Hard Drive will have to travel from place to place. I'm just worried about the merged clips being mixed with the non-merged clips, then confusion arises.

Let me know. I'm eager to hear your Workflows.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: syncing jammed sync questions
on Sep 20, 2009 at 1:42:25 pm

[Seth Burke] "They mentioned jam syncing the audio to the Timecode. "

Does the EX-1 have a tc out?

Return to posts index

Seth Burke
Re: syncing jammed sync questions
on Oct 1, 2009 at 2:04:23 am

Actually, I just found out that it doesn't. So I guess I'd have to just use the slate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]