FORUMS: list search recent posts

continuous clip record for multicam edit

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darryl David
continuous clip record for multicam edit
on Sep 19, 2009 at 4:47:03 am

Has anyone worked with footage that was shot on continuous clip. This is a menu option so that every time you stop and start the camera it doesn't generate a new clip. I have a multicam edit and though that instead of getting a bin with 70 clips I have 3 or 4 instead. Easier to multiclip? Thoughts. Are there any drift issues. Log and transfer with XDCAM EX 35 mbs vbr. As well we are getting dual audio. Should I get the sound dept to record a big chunk. He said he could.

thanks,

Darryl

dedit
freelance editor
toronto

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: continuous clip record for multicam edit
on Sep 19, 2009 at 5:05:34 am

Not sure exactly what your question is here Daryl .. but yes, I have worked with XDCAM HD recorded in camera with continuos clip record enabled. Nothing to be afraid of at all, everything works as normal, its just a means of bypassing the recording & ingest of multiple individual clips (it works more like good old fashioned tape recording whereby you can log and capture chunks of your footage without regard to when the cameraman was buttoning on/off). Actually its a little bit like having the best of both worlds.

Return to posts index

Darryl David
on Sep 19, 2009 at 12:52:15 pm

I was just wondering if there are any drift issues regarding the timecode. I just found that dealing with so many clips is a little teadious. What is your recommendation on it. Is it better to have 5 clips to sync with the dual audio or a number of clips? I am trying to develop a workflow. This is my first real multicam edit so any workflow advice would be welcome.

dedit
freelance editor
toronto

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Sep 19, 2009 at 1:13:42 pm

Darryl, if your project is a multi camera one then you really don't want to be buttoning on and off in camera anyway, you want each camera to be jam synced to the same timecode so that the angles can be easily matched up ... at the very least you want them each to be recording to TOD or free run timecode in which case if you do button on/off then you'll want to capture each clip separately anyway. When you have all the clips from each angle imported then you can use FCP's Make Multiclip Sequnece to arrange the clips from each angle into a chronologically correct sequence for the multiclip sources.
Best
Andy

Return to posts index

Darryl David
on Sep 19, 2009 at 1:23:47 pm

The tc is jammed. The problem though is that the tc hasn't been accurate so I can't make multiclip from tc I have to do it from in point. Should we do big chunks opposed to many smaller ones. Also. I tried creating make multiclip sequence and it stacks the multicilps in a timeline but they aren't all on v1. some on v1 some v2 some v3. What I have been doing is use pluraleyes to sync camera a,b,c in a sequence. It then creates a multiclip. I then cut then multiclip into a sequence. I then cut my dual audio into that. And cut from there. Does this seem right? D

dedit
freelance editor
toronto

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]