FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Insert on edit to tape when "all off" is selected

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Aldis
Audio Insert on edit to tape when "all off" is selected
on Sep 18, 2009 at 8:38:22 pm

Hey guys,

I'm at work now and a coworker just messed up a sweetened (output from protools) master tape by inserting both audio and video on the tape while doing a small graphic fix. Obviously I figured he forgot to check "all off" for the audio before inserting, but he swore he did, and we tried it again from his bay with all the proper options selected... and it inserted audio again!

We then moved to my bay and it worked fine. I'm just super worried about this bug and wondering if anyone else has been troubled by it, and how to avoid it in the future. We do video inserts on sweetened tapes all the time here, so I'm sure you can see how such a bug would make me nervous!

Running 6.0.5

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Audio Insert on edit to tape when "all off" is selected
on Sep 18, 2009 at 10:24:18 pm

That's very odd. Are you outputting to the same deck?

It also could be a bad rs-422 cable. That could mess up commands sent to the deck.

Not necessarily FCP related, but it could be.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Audio Insert on edit to tape when "all off" is selected
on Sep 19, 2009 at 5:41:51 am

[John Pale] "It also could be a bad rs-422 cable. That could mess up commands sent to the deck."

If it is controlling & inserting, the cable is not to blame. FCP is sending an erroneous track arm command to the audio and if the 'all off' was selected, then I would guess time to trash prefs.

I always check the deck's front panel to make sure, particularly inserting into a restriped master. You can deselect the audio track arms during the pre roll. FCP just sends a command but doesn't keep polling the machine status so you can select and deselect on the machine during the pre roll.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]